Python CrossOver Course, 1-Day
Get dates and book
Book Milton Keynes
Python Programming Cross Over Course summary
This course covers the Python Basics.
It is ideal if already code, using a different language. We do all in one day.
This Python Programming Cross Over course is hands-on, practical, Fast-paced.
- Data Types, Variables, and Arrays: Primitive types; Characters & Strings; Boolean; Working with variables and its scope; Type conversion and casting.
- Operators and Expressions: Introduction of operators; Arithmetic operators; Relational operators; Assignment operator; Logical operators; Increment and decrement operators; More in operators.
- Decision Making: If statement; If - else statement; If- elif - else statement; Nested if - else;
- Using Loops: The while, while-else; do-while and the for loop; Enhanced for loop; Jump statements: break, continue; Nesting loops.
- Data Structures: Lists. Tuples. Dictionary. Using Built-in modules and functions. Pattern Matching. Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) principles.
- Using Modules: Creating and using Functions. Creating a Module in class; Calling a Module; Returning value from a Module; Adding a Method that takes parameters;
- Introduction to Classes and Objects: Creating a Class; Creating an Object; Using an Object; Adding Instance variables; Controlling accessibility; Naming conventions for class members. Class Constructors; Parameterized Constructors; Inheritance. Override.
- Exception Handling: Fundamentals of exception handling; Exception types; Using try and except. Files, streams: Create, Open, Traverse and Read Files: Csv, txt and Json Files.
- Database: Connect to a database, create Database, drop a database, create a table, alter tables, drop a table, insert, delete, update records, query a database and display results.
- API: Connecting to API’s
What is included in this Python Course:
Python Course Certificate on completion (assessment based)
Python Course notes
Practical Python Course exercises, Python Course Homework / Python Course Revision work
Bring your own laptop, or make arrangements beforehand to use ours
Tea, coffees, but no lunch
After the course, 1 free, online session for questions or revision on the Python Course.
Max group size on this Python Course is 4.