Java Beginners Cross-Over 1 Day Course
Java Programming Cross-Over 1 Day Course
This course covers the same content as the Java Beginners 5-Day Course, but in only 1 day.
This is ideal for competent programmers who would like to add Java to their skill set.
- Data Types, Variables, and Arrays: Primitive types; Characters; Boolean; Working with variables and its scope; Type conversion and casting; Introduction to String class; Working with arrays
- Operators and Expressions: Introduction of operators; Arithmetic operators; Relational operators; Assignment operator; Logical operators; Increment and decrement operators; More in operators
- Decision Making: If statement; If - else statement; If- else if - else statement; Nested if - else; Switch Statements
- Using Loops: The while, do-while and the for loop; Enhanced for loop; Jump statements : break, continue; The return statement; Nesting loops; Using the for-each loop with Arrays
- Object Orientated Programming concepts: Creating a Class; Creating an Object; Using an Object.
- Introduction to Classes and Objects: Adding Instance variables; Controlling accessibility; Class Constructors; Parameterized Constructors; Inheritance. Abstraction. Interfaces and implementing interfaces. Override. Polymorphism. The dot operator, this, static, super, final keywords
- Using Methods: Introduction of methods; Creating a Method in class; Calling a Method; Returning value from a Method; Adding a Method that takes parameters
- More in Methods and Classes: Overloading methods; Overloading Constructors; Using objects as parameters; Returning objects; Recursion, Access control : private, public and protected;
, Nested and inner classes; A stack class
What is included in this Java Course:
Java Course Certificate on completion (assessment based)
Java Course notes
Practical Java Course exercises, Java Course Homework / Java Course Revision work
Bring your own laptop, or make arrangements beforehand to use ours
Tea, coffees, but no lunch
After the course, 1 free, online session forquestions or revision on the Java Course.
Max group size on this Java Course is 4.